#Life in 140 Characters or Less

It’s not much, is it—

140 characters?

But with it,
One can capture
A fleeting moment

Of life.

Superhero_FanThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Wow, dude! How did you write a free verse poem in ninty-seven characters?!? You're an awesome writer! That felt almost like a life lesson. How is that possible?!? ;) Great job Mckay!

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Superhero_Fan, thank you. How I wrote this, I'm not sure. I was just amazed and fascinated how everyone is into social media, which I really don't use. I'm old-school. kinda...Thank you so much. 

Laugh-it-OutThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Wow! Really nice! I love it. When I read this, I got that feeling that when your taking a picture, and you see life through the lenses, I don't know, that's what I pictured. I guess it's the word 'capture' that made me think camera anywho, Amazing job once again. Oh and I really want to know how many of your pieces I have read. Am I almost at the end?? If so I hope not because I could read your work forever. Keep rockin Mckay

Thanks a ton, Liv. For the comment and for visualizing what this poem means. I'm sure sure as to how much of my work you've read. But I think there are atill a couple you haven't read. I think I haven't read all of your work either. Which I intend to do. Either way, thank you so much. 

OldYoungOne said...
Beautiful. You described todays world virtually.... I think someone else already said that but still... and honestly the true moments in life are the ones that dont last that long. I love how you captured it in this poem... Well done.

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

MyApocalypticThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I have a sort of interesting connection with this, because a loved one and I used to make it a game to communicate solely through Twitter (a social media which we both despised) whenever we couldn't see each other. ...trying to express as much love and feeling as you can, as creatively as you can, in 140 characters. What a world we live in. I totally dig this poem, though. You really captured our generation. Five stars, my friend.

That means a lot for you to say. Your one of the best here. I admire your work. And envy you as well :). You have many Eidtors' Choice and that say a lot about your talent. So for you to say that you "dig" this poem, it is a huge compliment for me. Thank you.

MyApocalypticThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Haha, wow, I didn't realize I was that well-known :u But I have certainly read enough of your poetry to say that you are just as talented and even more so than I am. Please keep writing, cos I DO "dig" it. Haha :)

Thank you. 

laurengerhard This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is true and beautiful. Xo

Thank you. 

TheEpic95This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Not bad. :)

Thanks so much.

LexusMarieThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Hello! There was no need for this to get ONE star! I gave you FIVE! This is really great.. short, simple, and sweet. This is great.. I completely understand what you are getting at. I wish I could get a point across in under 140 characters. I know when I had my twitter I never could, I would have to abbreviate a ton and I still couldn't get it without it making absolutely no sense! Ha! You're great! Xx!

THANK YOU! I appreciate that so much. You're great. I can't wait to read your work by the way. Thank you.

SaphiraBrightscalesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Oh , that sure was fun!  I totally get what you mean though I don't tweet really, never have but few other soical networks...This is such a wonderful abstract piece which is brilliant in its own subtle way.

Thank you for liking it. You know someone gave me a 1 star for this poem. After that I thought no one would like it. But thank you. You've made my day. This was an abstract piece, wasn't it? 

SaphiraBrightscalesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:09 am
It is amazing really, that person must've been nuts! It seemed that way to me though I am ot expert of poetry types and technicalities.. :P

Thank you SpahiraBrightscales!