Countries This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

America.
Land of the free.
It’s where I was born.
But I haven’t lived there long,
From that country I was torn.
I miss the peanut butter and the pretty clothes.
I like the books in English and the gardens with the rose.

Korea.
Home is where the heart is.
I’ve lived here for ten years.
I love the smell of mandu
and the sound of anime cheers.
I love the throbbing sobs of monsoons,
And the blissful days at the beach.
I love this country and all it has to teach.

Cambodia.
Incense and elephants,
Palm trees and flowers,
Wild monkeys, and wild tigers,
Sad memories of ages past,
New memories of peace,
Kites blowing in the wind,
A mango—have a piece.
China.
Strange food for breakfast,
And giant hulking walls,
Loud singing operas,
And open bathroom stalls.
Hotel rooms with cool water,
And beef jerky for free.
I love it when you speak Chinese to me.

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 22, 2013 at 1:56 pm:
Wow, I love this a lot. your descriptions are vivid and beautiful. i love people who pay close attetion to detail and take the time to describe something perhaps insignificant with much precision. Great poem!

Lydia R. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:21 am:
Oh, wow, you're a Korean (like me)! Your writing is so good, though, I would never have known. :P I enjoyed it very much! Have you really visited all of these countries?

IrenieThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Mar. 22, 2013 at 5:36 am :
wow. Nice to meet you! Yes I have been to all these countries :)

Lydia R. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:28 pm :
It seems like you keep a pug (which is interesting, because people tend to prefer other dogs)... Please write a poem about your pug, too! *-* I would love to read it.

Mar. 30, 2013 at 2:51 am :
haha. I like my pug. Maybe I will write a poem about her :)