Lost love can always be found, always be conquered. | Teen Ink

Lost love can always be found, always be conquered.

By Sabrina_Rachelle_Renee BRONZE, Bethalto, Illinois
Sabrina_Rachelle_Renee BRONZE, Bethalto, Illinois

D

What do you do when the sparks fade? When all the love is lost and all the happiness is gone. Do you run away? Or do you stay? What does one person do in that situation? Will it return? Will the love come back to life and make your heart smile as bright as the sky? Is there ever a way to fully recover from lost love? Or is the only way to be happy again is by leaving, walking away, and getting a new perspective on how other things could be? But then you ask yourself, how can someone just stop loving someone else? You would think that there's no way, no how, but it happens everyday. You lose attraction, the electricity when you kiss is no longer there, no longer keeping you wanting more, more to love, more to cherish, and hold. They say you love one person fully, understandably, forever, like no other. You can't breathe, think, or smile without them. How do you know when you love someone? When you're in love, really in love. Is it the butterflies in your stomach or how they're always on your mind and every time someone says or mentions them you can't help but smile? You don't want to go a day or even hours without seeing them. They're all you can dream about at night... is that love? Really? What makes the world go round? Is it love? Does it take a second look to make you want to stick around? You want to love someone and be loved by someone. Why can't this world be more sane, more humane, not so critical, and abusive. You see everybody's feelings getting used, and thrown around. As if no one cares. Life is full of temptation and misunderstanding. It's full of disappointments and hatred, ignorant people and cruel behavior, and it seems to take a century for it to all go away, and it might not ever go away, but through all the fighting and integrity, once you find that one.. that one that wants to bare all those problems and be there to catch you when you fall, to be there when you need a shoulder to cry on, or a hand to hold, that's when you start to realize it was all worth it.

I wrote this in my English class while we were supposed to be watching a movie. I asked my friend if I could have a piece of paper, she lent it and I got my pencil and started to pour out all the things I was thinking onto that sheet. It's crazy what you start to think about, and what you can write when you just let yourself be free. This is one of my greatest hobbies, I love writing poetry.