Beg to Differ | Teen Ink

Beg to Differ

By Mickey17 SILVER, Life, Wisconsin
Mickey17 SILVER, Life, Wisconsin

“Be the change that you wish to see in the world.”
― Mahatma Gandhi

Love is stronger than war in the sense it conquers all. But can one defeat an army with open arms and kind words? I’d beg to differ. One can defeat an army of hatred with open arms and kind words. One can defeat an army of guns with more fighting or surrender.
Bravery is stronger than fear in the sense it over powers us. But can one stay bravest in the scariest of moments? I’d beg to differ. One can be brave when presented a mild fear. One can be frightened when presented a maximum fear.
Happiness is stronger than defeat in the sense it brings joy instead of sadness. But can one stay happy when all is lost? I’d beg to differ. One can be happy when most is right in the world. One can be defeated when all is lost.
We are stronger than others in the sense we’ve experienced all of these. But can one simply take away our memory of these? I’d beg to differ. One can push a memory into the recycling bins of our minds. One can claim to have “forgotten”. One can live life to the fullest at all times.
All of us are amazing in the sense we stand united. United against hatred and fear and defeat and others. But are we the best in the world? I’d beg to differ

Have no idea what went down when i wrote this but I kinda like it. let me know what you think.

Mickey17 SILVER, Life, Wisconsin

― Mahatma Gandhi

thank you very much

sadesdd DIAMOND, Elma, Iowa
I think this is amazing because it is true

Mickey17 SILVER, Life, Wisconsin

― Mahatma Gandhi

Thank you very much! it means so much!

Sarinta BRONZE said...
Sarinta BRONZE, Traralgon, Other

Lies hurt, truth heals
my heart is ur heart ur sole is my sole

Great poem  

on Mar. 11 2013 at 11:53 am
Mickey17 SILVER, Life, Wisconsin

― Mahatma Gandhi

thank you so much! i wrote this on a random day while pondering life and this came to be. Thank you, it means so much

on Mar. 11 2013 at 12:02 am
Rebel21 PLATINUM, St. Catharines, Other

Where there is desire, there is gonna be a flame,
Where there is a flame someone's bound to get burned.
Just because it burns doesn't mean you're gonna die,
You've got to get up and try.

I think that this is a great opinion. I agree that war will most likely never end, because we all simply can't agree, and if one side of the war tries to be kind and compromise, the other would most likely take advantage and take over what they have. Also, I love the point that we will always have scarred memories, if we can't forgive the cause and let them go. It's so hard and all of us will live with scarred memories that we can't let go yet. And no, the world never will be able to stand united as a whole, will we? This is an awesome piece, I love how it makes me think about it after I've read it. Fantastic writing!