"She"

Who, oh who “She” is
Quite absurd to understand
Some say no good trying, 'tis
Won’t know, where your feet land.

A zillion in one:
An impeccant child, by life beguiled
A sister with whom to have fun!
The wife, the mother, undefiled.

Her heart loves, her hands caress
Those she reveres and adores,
The one she prays for, God bless.
And her devotion only ever soars.

Yet when it comes to protect friend from foe
More fierce and fiery than the torrid flares,
Such rigor you would never know,
And to ignite that rage no one dares.

Duty, sacrifice, fidelity and honor,
Awesome adjectives to use, innumerous
Find her in a devilish temper, you’re a goner!
Even so may ROFL, at her jokes humorous

God created her, not from man’s crown
To be dominant and complacent,
Nor from his feet to be tramped down
But from under his limb, to walk adjacent

Her many hues and colors fused
May oftentimes leave you confused
Don’t fret, someday, get to know her, you will
Tho’ it’s been years and she doesn't know herself still…

(8th March, 2013, International Women's Day)

thatunknownthingThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
you write powerfully, with  appreciable descriptions, and I, being a feminist as well, have to totally thank you for this piece, which is really good. The way you merge ROFLing and 'an impecant child by life beguiled' is mindblowing. I wish to get some of writing aspects as well as you have gotten them!

SaphiraBrightscales replied...
Apr. 8, 2013 at 1:31 pm :
Oh WOW i'm glad you like it but I must say it is quite irrhythmic ..no?   .... I'm just BLOWN AWAY  by the fact that you like my work this much.. WOW Thanks so much for reading this..

TheEpic95This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 26, 2013 at 10:18 am:
Hmm... its okay, I guess. I liked the subject, athough I think our opinions are differant. I tend to believe that men and women are equal, but different. Men are more naturally potectors and providors, women are more natirally the helpmate and caregiver. Any man caught saying "oh, i think a MAN makes a better primary caregiver in general...." would never finnish the sentance because he would be hit with a combination of socks and slaps from both sexes. Men are an outer wall, women are castle gua... (more »)

SaphiraBrightscales replied...
Mar. 27, 2013 at 4:45 am :
Obviously!! I want to hear your technical thoughts!! And NOWAY that is so cool! I mean that's why we put this stuff up here, to learn other people's views about it...I know this isn't my best,,,ANd HEy,, no I think you got the meaning a bit incorrectly or mabe I conveyed it incorrectly..... Anyway I totally agree with you on that! The first four or five lines that you wrot eabout what you think..I think that too. I mean I'm not really saing they're the same,, Duh! That woul... (more »)

TheEpic95This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:17 am :
The length of lines is really awkward all through out. It may seem arbitrary, but they have dramatic affects. (Short/short lines=choppy, hurried, simplistic. Long/long lines (done well)=high flown, majestic. Long/short= stout and strudy, a declaration!!! ....and a billion combinations (short/long, short/shot/long, ect) that I havent mentioned.) Well, the lengths of the lines are all over the place even as the additude stayed the same. It felt wrong. I didnt really get the last line of yor first ... (more »)

SaphiraBrightscales replied...
Mar. 29, 2013 at 10:40 am :
It did help a lot!!  I guess by this experience that I'm definitely not the kind of person who can write a good piece when they're half-heartedly putting it together... I guess nobody can LOL, maybe some brilliant people who are just too awesome at it... I really appreciate the fact that you took all the time to into such depth as to explain each line like this... It's amazing,,.. I'm thinking if I ever need anything well-critiqued, I shall definitely ask you to do it for me... (more »)

JoPepperThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 21, 2013 at 3:54 pm:
I really liked it!  Good job!!! xD

SaphiraBrightscales replied...
Mar. 23, 2013 at 11:37 am :
Thank You! Love ya so much for reading it! Thank You again! <3 <3

JoPepperThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Mar. 24, 2013 at 11:40 am :
You're welcome xD

RarelyJadedThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 11, 2013 at 9:53 am:
Hi! I didn't understand all of it, but liked it:) The message was good, and I liked the 2nd to last paragraph especially. Nice job! 5/5

SaphiraBrightscales replied...
Mar. 11, 2013 at 11:02 pm :
I didn't like this one that much myself as it wasn't that heartfelt,....I'm happy that you liked it but I think you'll like "What she's Worth" for REAL, that one was heartfelt and full of feeling... :D Thanks for reading :))))

RarelyJadedThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Mar. 12, 2013 at 9:26 am :
No problem :)

SaphiraBrightscales replied...
Mar. 23, 2013 at 11:38 am :
Hey, it's on the website!! Plus too more poems if you have time :P

Mar. 24, 2013 at 11:32 am :
Which ones again? Sorry :P

SaphiraBrightscales replied...
Mar. 26, 2013 at 5:47 am :
Read up! "What she's worth" :DD.... HEy you changed your picture..Whose is it? Isn't it weird how avatars photos on TeenInk are mostly so blurred..

Mar. 26, 2013 at 4:30 pm :
Well, you're not supposed to put your actual picture up, so I chose one from google that looked like me :)