I am The Paper

A blank page
With thin blue lines
A fractured spirit
With leaky eyes

A Papermate pencil
With a broken tip
A cracked voice
With a trembling lip

A million and one pages
With everything I've learned
A slowly breaking heart
With nowhere left to turn

A leather bound journal
With enough poems to cover an acre
A lost and troubled girl
With no more words to tell the paper

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I can relate to this. We're all blank canvases, ot empty sheets of paper. As life goes on, we're filled with countless words or images, but we're not enough for all those words and images. 

Kris_10 replied...
Apr. 17, 2013 at 10:29 pm :
I don't know why but I love writing about paper. I fell like it's a great metaphor. And thanks by the way for taking time to read so many of my poems. It means a lot.

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Apr. 18, 2013 at 1:07 pm :
Dont' mention it. I love reading people work, especially when they demonstrate talent and love for writing like you. I love the passion you all display. It gives me hope for the future of poetry and prose to know that there exist passionate writers.

Kris_10 replied...
Apr. 19, 2013 at 10:05 am :
I know exactly what you mean. It's like you live in a world where no on gets you, but then there are a huge group of people who understand your passion for writing and get what it's like.

Apr. 22, 2013 at 3:36 pm :
Yessss!!!!!! :)

TheEpic95This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 31, 2013 at 6:32 pm:
Very Good! This is one I can relate to. Halfway through, starting at the third stanza the flow and stlye changes a bit, and that knda made it hard to read smoothly from start to end. It made it feel a little fractured. But your rhymes are clean and the thoughts you express very interesting. Your really rew me into this peice. Marvolous work!

Kris_10 replied...
Apr. 1, 2013 at 3:04 pm :
Thank you!