See through the raindrops

Out the windowpane
Of my car I see,
Each hue diverge
By the tiny crystal-like droplets
Yes, rain is indeed;
A wonder
In every single way.
True beauty reflects in my eyes
The Iris contracts and
I see in those
Three seconds, a million lights
And their pigments fluxing
Ultraviolet, indigo, scarlet and blue
My favorites and all the rest.
With the night time stars
Shining ever so majestically above;
Yet I see and adore
Each car’s headlights, the city,
And the signals, red, amber
And green
They green monster is roaring up there, I think
As I see, yes see! Not watch.

Laugh-it-Out This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 15, 2013 at 9:27 am
Wow Dua, I think this is perhaps my favorite by you. It is truly amazing and for me, completely relateable. See, I love rainy car-trips because all I do is sit and watch the world, no see the world as it truly is, with beauty and without. And your descriptions of the droplets were spot on, I mean they really were and the part about all the colors, god, I love when that happenes. Beautiful poem, from start to finish. I think you really conveyed your message. Also, its not just about the beauty of... (more »)

SaphiraBrightscales This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jun. 16, 2013 at 4:52 am
WOW, Thank You Liv! I am so overjoyed that you can completely relate to this! :D :D  By the way, did you get the green monster line? :P  And Of course , I mean I always love to read your work...I get updated about the new stuff instantly but yes, I do love to go back and read the old stuff that I haven't read so don't you dare to think fo rone millisecond that "I can't"......Thanks again. Love you.

Laugh-it-Out This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
No problem!!! Your work inspires me as usual :D and this happens to me all the time looking through the raindrops as if they are a porthole to a different world. So poetic :) Anyway, I didn't ally get the green monster line is it the car? I wasn't sure. And thank you for reading my work. I think that I tried to get notified whenever you do something, but it didn't work. I will definitely try again because I live to hear from my favorite people!!!!It always makes my day :D soooo that's all for no... (more »)

Well, basically, "The green monster" is jealousy..actually the stars up in the sky were jealous, how I was giving these raindrops and city lights so muhc importance :P

JoPepper said...
I love the rain...it makes me feel so happy if I could dance I would go out and do "Singing in the Rain" oh well I can just sing it...anyways nicely written good job! xD

Mar. 8, 2013 at 5:38 am
Me too! I love it SO much, My aunt lives in London she says if I ever went and lived there, all the rain would make me hate it, I told her, I could never hate rain, I would always love it.....It's is just too beautifull,, No poem can ever do it justice...haha...I'm so happy you read it and liked it....Thank YOu! :DD

JoPepper replied...
I've always wanted to go to London, and here all the the people talk and just stroll around!  I would like to go to Paris again and when it's pouring rain (Without lightning) I would like to go to the tippy top of the eiffel tower and soak it all up!  Plus if I remember correctly Paris has cobblestone streets, which I dig all the way!  And you're welcome! xD

Ditto! :DD