As Love Repeats | Teen Ink

As Love Repeats

February 7, 2013
By PrinceofCaine PLATINUM, Fort Collins, Colorado
PrinceofCaine PLATINUM, Fort Collins, Colorado
30 articles 0 photos 0 comments

They give glances. Exchange a word or two. Let the silence come back. And Repeat.

They open their hearts up once. Closing it as fast as it reaches the light. Let the heartbreak come. And Repeat.

Forgetting for a moment they let a beast rip through their iron-locked hearts. Lay in the bliss for just a second. Salvage what remains of their scrapped heart. And Repeat.

Let the sunshine out of their lives. Pain escalating up their limbs like tiny frustrated bites. Explode once they reach the bomb in their chest. Then fall to the ground. And Repeat.

Sneak out of the darkness to see the birds. Climb onto their beautiful wings for just a short ride. Let the feathers spiral down just before they hit the ground. Broken wings and broken hearts. And Repeat.

Climb a mountain on broken feet. Drink from rejoices’ river and mend broken flesh. Find peace in the words of the woods who tell faint stories of the heavens. Then plant roots in firm soil. Grow up until your branches can almost reach the heavens. Fall by the façade of a lumberjack. And Repeat.

Burn in the fire’s lovely embrace. Let the soul turn into ash. Float away from the home the hearth has given. Make amends with the wind and let it carry a shattered body towards a new place. Land on the ground and exchange a word or two followed by silence. And Repeat.