Stained Windows

Her eyes, wide open,
as they've been drawn to be.
Focused and staring,
but she can't really see.
Sketched with a steady pencil,
held by an unsteady heart,
emotionless and still,
windows too far apart.
Windows to the soul, they say,
windows clouded and opaque.
Windows blurred with drops of rain,
from raging storms on sunny days.
But what good are windows,
when there's nothing there to see?
Windows are just windows
to someone such as she.

NightowlwriterThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 21 at 10:36 pm
Made me cry inside just a little bit...love this one.

KestrelThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Apr. 22 at 7:38 pm
Thank you! I'm glad you liked it. I suppose "crying inside" is an apt response, actually. :)

Aly-Jay said...
This is truly phenomenal and you are an AMAZING writer. I love the imagery and the little story of it. I wish I could write as well as you! <3

This is random, and your comment has been here for awhile, but you know I love you right? Stuff like this comment are such pick-me-ups nowadays. :)