Heart beating | Teen Ink

Heart beating

By busylizzie BRONZE, Bellevue, Nebraska
busylizzie BRONZE, Bellevue, Nebraska

a persons a person no matter how small

As lie here in my bed, I listen to the silence and softly, slowly I hear it, a beat, that goes just in time with my own breathing, my heart beat inside of my chest, that only can be heard by me, alone in this dark room, But why? Why does my heart beat? Is it because of all the science of living things that I learned in biology? No, I belief it’s more than that. But what does my heart beat for? It may be my friends whom I see every day that so easily can be moved from my live and go off on their own path what does my heart beat for? Does my heart beat for my family, the people that have been there for me my entire life, through thick and thin? May it beats for the quite for all of the moments that happen in silence, the snow falling to the ground in places of wonderful beauty, in a neighborhood with one solitary lamp post to light the way. For all of the choices made in the silence, in my head that nobody else can hear. For the wonderful thoughts I think in my head, in silence, in my bed late at night. Those, those are the moments my heart beats for, Lying in bed, listening to my heart beating.

I always think about my life before I go to bed at night, its when my most intense thoughts occur, and that inspired this poem.