your eyes

your eyes are grey like ash
still warm from a fire
they pierce right through me
leaving me breathless and confused
exhausted
i can't resist you
i want you to lead me
in the dark
wherever you go
i will follow
you have no mercy
together we have no
regrets
I ve given you everything
everything i have left
please sever me off
make me forget....yes

MyApocalyptic This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Wow. The intensity of this simple poem reveals the emotion behind it. I love the comparisons you make- far from cliche. You have a great style, and I genuinely hope to see more from you!

SarahGrac3 said...
I loved this! It had so much meaning which was really impressive. I don't have any critiques.

SarClark said...
It's hard sometimes to write meaningful, short freeverse, but I really really liked your lines (especially the first two ~) and I liked the ending. Some of the wording was a little bit confusing but I think it sort of actually fits with your style of writing! Excellent job.

JettaWintryThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 31, 2013 at 10:55 am
Wonderful! I ADORE the first two lines!! The ending was a bit of a twist, but I liked it! Continue to write as wonderfully as you do! BTW, these would make fantastic song lyrics.

TheEpic95 said...
Mar. 29, 2013 at 1:01 am
Beautiful and enrapturing.

Mckay This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
You have Kay Ryan's simple yet sophisticated style. Can't wait for your future works. Do continue to write more stuff like this. Check out Kay Ryan's work to see what I mean if you don't know what I'm talking about. P.S She's last year's Pulitzer Prize winner for poetry (I think).

jonpettigrew replied...
thanks for suggesting him, He's now one of my favorite poets

jonpettigrew replied...
i meant she lol

Mckay This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
I'm glad you like her work. What's your faovrite Kay Ryan poem?

RarelyJaded This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is so sad! I loved your imagery and your lack of capitalization, very clever :P