Meaning of Life | Teen Ink

Meaning of Life

By no_way_around_it PLATINUM, Saranac Lake, New York
no_way_around_it PLATINUM, Saranac Lake, New York

With Life Comes Beauty and Pain

1.
She was born in a mountain town, surrounded by lakes that healed memories and forest that took them.
2.
A child born to children in a family that did not want her. But ice hearts melt when tiny fingers grip them.
3.
The world she was born in was filled with imagination. Where cardboard boxes turn to ships and baby dolls were not only best-friends but family. Life caused no harm but whispered sweet nothings into her young naive ears as it rushed by.
4.
She waddled through life easily on the sun’s wings. Soaring through blue skies until the storm came. Mother’s mother dies, and the girl fell from the sun’s golden wings.
5.
She was broken, watching the sun soar without her. Child body burned and unrecognizable. Smog covered and waiting in fear for the day the cloaked assassin would come.
6.
She over comes fear, and learns to live. Finding the sun yet again.
7.
Slowly she grows to teen. Penetrated by uncertainty, lost in the possibilities. She graduates valedictorian.
8.
Teen blossoms to women. Women learns love, happiness, and passion. Absorbs into books, retreating back into a world of imagination. Admires the frosting covering the hell underneath.
9.
She falls into pattern. Day, night, day, night. Dawn, dusk, dawn, dusk. Consuming all the in betweens like a sponge.
10.
Graduates again and stretches to fame. Though her creations she shows life.
11.
Her family molds together, one unit yet again. A part of her completed a piece of her whole. So that now when she says my family, she has no need to separate. Child parents grown and aged now friends.
12.
The world outside of her becomes static, each sound exactly the same. Lost in paints and canvases, in studio openings, and family, but he finds her. The static becomes clear, and all because of him. Each noise vibrating LOVE.
13.
They move into a picture book cottage. Gold bands uniting them in a forever falling black hole of adventure. Small feet of their creation patter across their floors, all is perfect.
14.
Disaster. The father dies and she becomes covered in smog, but he purifies her.
15.
Life: unpredictable and whole. Devoted, crippling, encouraging, loving, passionate, life.
16.
Devastation. Mother passes and she becomes broken, but he’s there to pull her back and fix her.
17.
Her own grown and she becomes old, and he becomes old, but never do they notice.
18.
She tries to fall back into pattern. Love, live, love, live. He won’t let her. Surprises find their way to her, and she closes her bright eyes reliving in each one. She learns to hate patterns.
19.
Children turn to parents, parents turn grand. Her children have children and she spoils them.
20.
Right now is perfect. Sun stained days, followed by moon soaked nights. Each hour speeding by faster, but they no longer race along. They cascade by on the sun’s shimmering wings, at their own pace, contempt at their meaning of life.