Run, Run, Run! | Teen Ink

Run, Run, Run!

February 17, 2013
By One_Of_A_Kind GOLD, Rocksprings, Texas
One_Of_A_Kind GOLD, Rocksprings, Texas
10 articles 0 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
If You can Make It Halfway,
You Can Make It All The Way


Run, Run, Run! Pumping your arms while breathing so hard, Move those legs one at a time, Faster, Faster, Faster! Guy on your right and left, They're catching up to you, Come on, Half way there, Half way there! Don't give up, Don't slow down, Just keep up the pace, to win first place, "Its Just a race? Just give up already" Is what your mind is saying, All of the sudden someone's in front of you, Don't give up! Fight for it! You gotta Run for it! No second place, No silver, No backing down, Don't get second place! Second Place is the first place to lose, Time for the end, Almost there, 100 meters, Adrenaline pumping, Heart racing, Feet Hurting, 60 meters, You're catching up to him, Hurry! "just Keep moving your feet, faster, faster,faster!" Is what you're telling yourself, 20 meters,"I'm right by him! Just A little Bit faster, Almost at the finish line"
You did it! First Place!
The medal in one hand, Your hand in the air, Feeling so proud, Now time to rest, recover, and congratulate the others as they finish...


The author's comments:
I go through this most of the time while competing in track meets...