Without You | Teen Ink

Without You

By writingtolive BRONZE, Uniontown, Ohio
writingtolive BRONZE, Uniontown, Ohio

I don't listen to anyone but my inner child- Amy Winehouse

When you’re gone I’m a bird without wings. I’m a ship drifting aimlessly. I feel like a singer without my voice, Rapunzel without her hair. Me without you is like the sun without the moon to chase her.
I’m a zebra without stripes. A house without lights. A clock with only one hand. The shell of the girl you bring out in me. A girl lost in a crowd searching for a familiar face. I’m alone in a crowded room.
Darlin without you I’m a girl without a best friend. I’m a girl searching in the face of every person just to get you back. Thinking I smell your perfume but knowing it’s crazy. I’m a girl searching for her big sister, trying to find her shield from the world. I’m the girl in the tower with Rapunzel making sure she doesn’t fall out. A book with no words. A movie with no people, places without people, a lock without a key.
Without you I’m a bomb counting down, till you come home and defuse me. Without you I’m searching for that person or the people that have to attempt to fill the hole in my heart you put there when you left. I know you didn’t want to leave but you had to. I wouldn’t change any part of our friendship. Nothing, you are my best friend, my favorite, my everything. This is where our paths took us and I’m glad we had the time together even if it was only a short amount of time. I may be lost but one day you’ll be home. That’s when I’ll be found

I wrote this for my best friend who left for basic training. I really miss her. and I hope that one of you can really connect to this.