Refuse To Sink

Hold your head up high
And breath the salty air
Lie gently on your back
Firmly cross your arms
And refuse to sink

Waves are approaching
And messing with your flow
But you need to ride them
Like you own them
And refuse to sink

Now the tide is turning
And pulling you down
Like an anchor on a boat
But you need to stay calm
And refuse to sink

Suddenly, it happens
Life flashes before you
As you start to drown
Remember what I told you,
"Refuse to sink!"

Hold your head up high
And breath the salty air
Lie gently on your back
Firmly cross your arms
And refuse to sink

SteelersJdogThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 28 at 11:13 pm:
I could go into some ultra-critique and breakdown the word choice and sentence structure and use of white space and rhyme scheme...But instead, I will just say that this is absolutely brilliant. I really mean it when I say that; I don't give out compliments lightly. You have a real talent for using real-world elements to portray a greater message. I know that this poem is relatively simple, but it's so beautiful. The words that you chose hold such great weight. The image that is painted ... (more »)

mrsmusicforlifeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
today at 8:42 am :
Thank you SO much! That literally just made my day! I am like crying tears of joy. Thank you soooo much!(:

redhairCatThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 25 at 4:20 pm:
The repitition is great! I really love this - I can relate. :)

AnansesemThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 22 at 2:29 pm:
Repition works well for this piece. Keep writing! :)