Lie To Me

Lie to me sweet lover,
Lift me from my woes.
The truth is that of yesterday,
And to us I do suppose,
That we all are just human,
So to lie is but a sin,
I do believe the truth would hurt,
Much more than the lies of men.
Make believe my love,
Weave me a web of stories,
Entangle my heart and mind,
So through the sky Im soaring.
Without a care in the world,
Just keep me believing,
Love, My heart is a fragile thing,
Through your lies just keep decieving.

SteelersJdog said...
Mar. 6, 2013 at 10:41 am
The flow of this is absolutely beautifl. Time and time again, I constantly get frustrated with people underusing punctuation in their poems; you did a fantastic job of utilizing commas and periods to enhance the flow of your poem. The flow makes the theme of the poem really stick out. It has a natural rythym until the end which pretty much stands out against the rest of the poem. This enhances the point that you make in the last stanza and emphasizes it. Superb job!

ILuvBritishBoysThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Mar. 7, 2013 at 11:11 am
Thank You!! I do sometimes have problems with punctuation and what not but I guess I got this one right. :)

redhairCat This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Good rhythm and rhymes. I like this one a lot!

Feb. 27, 2013 at 9:16 am
Thanks! :)