voicemails | Teen Ink

voicemails

By migwam ELITE, Tumwater, Washington
migwam ELITE, Tumwater, Washington

"Never let the future disturb you. You will meet it, if you have to, with the same weapons of reason which today arm you against the present." --Marcus Aurelius

the kind of stars that would inspire me
to call you in the middle of the night
and knee-deep in a sea of diamonds
shivering describe the sky to you
as you waited patiently to hear my voice,
each foggy breath decoded into static
mumbling dazzled how beautiful you were to me
more that that glimmering, shimmering brilliance
above me, shakily, smiling through
chattering teeth,
and often you would reciprocate
in your warm house half naked in your blankets
voice soft and low and rough in a sweet attempt
to let sleeping parents lie, not much of anything
except your inflated promises again
and gentle sighs as you bade goodnight
to the girl with stars in her eyes
and frost in her lungs
who loved you.

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

"The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do."
—Apple’s “Think Different” commercial, 1997
“Crazy people are considered mad by the rest of the society only because their intelligence isn't understood.”
― Weihui Zhou

I have a couple of poeple on this site that I've requested to receive an email from Teenink to know when they've posted something new. I guess that's why. '^'

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

Teenink will do some wierd things sometimes. Haha. 

migwam ELITE said...
migwam ELITE, Tumwater, Washington

Haha, I'm Morgan! Totally weird that teenink would email you saying that O-O

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

Hey, Laugh-it-Out, thank for agreeing with. Isn't Apocalytic great? You too are great; don't think I'm overlooking your work. By the way which one of you is Morgan? I got emailed saying someone named Morgan C. commented on this poem. Thought I'd just ask. Don't have too answer if you don't wanna. And keep rocking and writing—both of you/ *u*

Laugh-it-Out PLATINUM, Brooklyn, New York, New York

"Do not go gentle into that good night. Rage, rage against the dying of the light" --Dylan Thomas

Thanks!! And dont worry, I always love to check out your work :) oh and I have a couple new pieces up.....if u were interested in tht sorta thing ;) keep rockin apocoliptic

migwam ELITE said...
migwam ELITE, Tumwater, Washington

It's people like you and Mckay that keep me rockin', Laugh-it-out :)))

Wow, you seriously have a way with words, mean I have never read such descriptive litterature. I agree with Mckay that nowadays poems are regenerated and everything is a copy of the next, but your stuff, it's original. Keep rockin

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

Your poetry amazes me poem after poem. And I'm not saying that just to be on good terms with you or to be hypocritical. You poetry is what poetry should be, what poetry lacks today too often. I dunno why more people don't appreciate it more. I love it.