Life is to Live

I’d view the stars twinkle and shine,
Hear the lilt as music play,
Witness the moments divine
And take heed to whatever you say.

I’d live to see joy in your eyes,
And know it’s due to me;
See the way the time flies
And once again visit the sea.

I’d envision, fireworks spark and glow,
Hear the song of the nightingale,
Or watch a river flow
And in the Pacific alone set sail.

I’d feel the summer Sun’s heat,
Touch the cool winter breeze,
Let trod on snow, my bare feet
And watch the dewdrops freeze.

I’d look at the butterfly’s tiny wings,
Catch the buds unfold,
And the delight their novelty brings
Discover all that the mighty mounts hold.

I’d make a house up a willow or an oak,
Befriend the torrid fire,
Tho’ gleefully in rainwater soak;
Also, listen to a bit satire.

Know I have but slight time to live,
So I’d live it my own way;
Wouldn't ask God for more to give,
Merely thank and silently pray.

Laugh-it-OutThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
yesterday at 6:02 pm:
Hey there Dua!!! Long time no talk :( anyway, just wanted to check back in and what better way to do it than read more amazing poetry! This poem, though amazing, was not my favorite of yours. I loved the theme, i mean yolo, but I felt that the rhymes in places were a bit awkward. See with rhyming poems I usually read them aloud to get a picture of the flow, i thought that the beginning and end flowed well, but the rhymes in the middle were a bit choppy (please dont take this the wrong way i am ... (more »)

SaphiraBrightscalesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
today at 3:24 am :
Hey there Liv!! Yep! I missed you so much <3 Well, here I must admit that as this is an old poem, and though I truly love it (duh, all of my fav things stacked in one poem) , I did have trouble with the symmetry and uniformity because back then I only used to write rhyming poems so I just so wanted it to rhyme perfectly, so now you get why in some place it is a bit strained... And I am so happy that you always give such honest feedback Liv! It means the world to me :D Hehehe.. God, it would r... (more »)

ThesilentravenThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 15 at 3:28 pm:
What a busy and wonderful day this would be! I was very much drawn in by the refreshing "carpe diem" feel you have running throughout the stanzas, which make me want to go outside and just live. Which I think must be one of the things you were trying to accomplish with this. Other than a few instances of awkward wording/organization (which I can point out only if you're interested...), you succeeded in writing a poem which both expresses your desire to live to the... (more »)

ThesilentravenThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
May 15 at 3:29 pm :
And such interesting images! I loved the line about making a house "up a willow or an oak..."

May 25 at 6:22 am :
Of course I am. Do tell me.. I do think some of it is quite irrhythmic but can't quite point what.. I'd love it if you were to tell me. And thank you so so so much for the feedback. 'Tis always great to know what people think and it was more than great to know your thoughts on this one. I'm so happy so Thank You Raven!    P.S. I love your username!

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 27 at 5:04 pm:
I love this. It makes me think of all the things I'd want to do if I only had one more day to live. The last lines are some of the best lines of any poem I've read on this site thus far. This is an exceptional poem. 

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Mar. 27 at 5:04 pm :
#YOLO *LOL*

Mar. 29 at 10:31 am :
You just made my day man!  It's one of my own favourites too but I really had no idea that someone could like it that much. WOW. ANd yes, this is one topic I never get tired of talking or writing about. And also this poem is kinda a reflection of my personality as it tells of all the thing  that I want to do, thus establishing a sort of list of the stuff I love... I'm gad you love those things too. :D

thatunknownthingThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 14 at 5:50 am:
OH MY GOODNESS. i am MOVED. this was just so beautiful, and honest, and i feel I could do each and every one of these things, too. your descriptions were simple, but heartfelt, and i completely agree with you.  apart from the awesome theme, the only little flaw is that a few of your stanzas are irrhythemic with others.  and for your name that i just noticed, i LOVE eragon series too! totally awesome. 

thatunknownthingThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Feb. 14 at 5:51 am :
this one, btw, takes 5/5, wich i hardly ever give anyone, and never have given to myself. good work done.

Feb. 14 at 7:09 am :
WOW thank you..., I am honoured because you're such an amazing poet yourself!!  Thank you Thank you Thank you!  You just made me smile so big.  And yep Eragon is awesome :D