Beautifully Insane. | Teen Ink

Beautifully Insane.

By boricua505 GOLD, Savannah, Georgia
boricua505 GOLD, Savannah, Georgia

Too thug for the streets.
It's all about that thug life.

Part of me just wants to run and hide, no one understands I feel cheated and lied.
I feel dead to everyone else yet no one truly knows, the pain I hide to prevent an attention seeking show.
My bright smile is dimming and my walls slowly begin to brake, but nobody knows that my smile is actually fake.
I hold in the tears and the horrible pain, I get played over and over, and I feel myself coming close to being insane.
How long do I have, it's only a matter of time. How much longer can I endure this pain before I completely loose my mind?
How much longer does my smile keep having to be fake? How long will I last before I completely brake?
I feel myself sinking without a helping hand, I'm drowning in sorrow I can barely even stand.
I get in my window and I sit on the edge. I watch my toes dangle down up from the high ledge.
If I just push I will be risking my life and all, but the pain is to much so I push and let myself fall.

How much longer does my smile keep having to be fake?

on May. 29 2014 at 11:27 am
SecretFlame PLATINUM, Portland, Oregon

"I have a life. I just choose to ignore it."
-one of my friends

I can completely relate to this poem. It's terrifying and perfectly captures the feeling I have a lot of the time. This is beautiful and very descriptive, thanks for making an a great poem to read!