For You | Teen Ink

For You

By WistfulThinking PLATINUM, Kiln, Mississippi
WistfulThinking PLATINUM, Kiln, Mississippi

'Behind him, across vast distances of space and time, from the place he had left, he thought he heard music too. But perhaps it was only an echo.'- The Giver by Lois Lowry

It was for you.
All that I am, ever was, was created for you.
My breath, my pulse, the bones on my two rotting feet were for you.
Only you.
My teared eyes never rotated in their sockets because they were so fixated on you, the being of beauty.
The one of life.
My exile.
I made the stars shine brighter with your smile.
I made the heavens weep when your last tear fell onto the quaking grounds.
I made the roses bleed their color and turn black when your chest stopped gently moving.
It was for you.
All of it.
The earth turned and rotated when you walked its lands because I willed it to.
And when you finally stopped moving gracefully, its engines gave out and faltered, never to revive again.
And neither did I.
When you finally lifted from this place and left for your own, I ended my own engines.
They, too, heaved and shuddered to a halt.
Everything that I ever was, was created for you.
My exile.
My other half.
And as I sit disengaged to these rotting lands and this rotting corpse, I continue to slightly, gently, barely, wait to meet again.

I wrote this piece in hopes that people can relate to it. The feeling of despair as you lose someone you love dearly is very dramatic and heart wrenching. The feeling of a part of you being ripped away is a raw, painful feeling that takes time to heal. I hope this piece touches peoples hearts to an extent that it changes their life. Thank you.

on Feb. 24 2013 at 9:13 am

Thank you so much! 

on Feb. 23 2013 at 6:07 pm
redhairCat PLATINUM, Pebble Beach, California

"I can do anything!"

Oh wow that was so intersting! I really liked it. Deep...