Smile

When you walk by someone in the hallway and smile. Yet inside you feel nothing but regret, sadness, and sorrow. And when they smile their false smile and proceed with the rest of their day like the smile didn't mean anything to them, just another thing they can simply brush away. Kindly you let them think that you are okay, and you will go on with the rest of your day. But as soon as they are out of your view, you take a different turn then you intended and become lost in the tear filled haze of a locker stacked hallway. Your head throbbing with pain and pounding with hatred as you walk dizzily through the blackened light of a bright summer’s day, you sloppily fall to a corner of a hidden room. Wherever it may be, you honestly don't care. It's away from everyone and its close enough to you, it's there. You have your head between your hands and your elbows on top of your knees. You long to grin and laugh with someone walking in a light dawn's breeze. You know inside that it won't happen to you, because you are you, and no one wants to know who you are. You sit and wonder if the next move you'll make will leave a scar. Taking your tear covered trembling hand, you reach deep within your pocket, past all of the pain covering substances that make you forget it all, and grab the one thing that will leave this memory inside and outside of you for the rest of your life. Its shine is sparkling in the distant stuttering and sputtering light, it brings a grim smile across your face, from a distance, nearly happy. As you realize what you are about to do, your hand begins to go crazy with ticks. A large shadowed tear rolls down and off the tip of your nose, landing on the already used tool. As the Zebra pattern beneath your deep purple sweater sleeve appears, your crying is uncontrollable and your life's hatred and pain begins to re-surface. What happens next is beyond repair. Your hand is struck with a force you have never experienced before. The shiny metallic object skidding across the laminate floor. The throbbing leaves your head for a quick second. Looking up, you notice the concern on their face. Looking down on you, they stick out their hand and ask for you to approach them. And that smile you thought was false becomes visible again, but this time, all you can see is the truth. Hope.

BlackbeltJamesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 18 at 2:57 pm:
The theme is strong and it is a good idea. The way you describe is also very good, similar to the. However, due to the layout of the poem it seems quite drawn out and intimidating to read; poems are in lines, it not only makes it easier for the viewer to read, but it also sets out a tempo for the poem which is important for how the poem flows and is read. However the idea is good and the way you bring the theme across is very good.

vaidaspade10This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Feb. 18 at 4:18 pm :
Yeah. I totally forgot to space it out. I had written it out to sound as a story, and was going to space it out once I figured it would be better as a poem. I spaced out at the last minute and didn't. I totally agree with you. I'm glad you like it. I have one that is spaced out that is called "Promise me you will?" I think you'd like that one. Thanks...again. Really appreciate the feedback. :)

BlackbeltJamesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Feb. 18 at 6:06 pm :
Dont worry, it's fine, I am merely helping other writers, as they help me and give me constructive feedback. Ok, I will have to have a read of that one at some point :)

volleyballgirl29 said...
Feb. 17 at 1:31 pm:
I love it!!

Feb. 17 at 3:59 pm :
Thanks. I really appreciate that. I have more stuff coming. Feel free to read those later on. :)

KristySparklezThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 14 at 9:00 pm:
You were right, I do like this. Keep writing. I'll look forward to reading more of your work!

Feb. 14 at 11:38 pm :
I'm glad you liked it. And I will keep writing. I look forward to reading more of your stuff too. :)