fertility figure This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

looking down upon my body
crouched in the shower hopelessly
halfmoon breasts on a fullmoon stomach
water pooling in the line between generous thighs
curves and arches and smooth, pale skin-
a fertility figure
like the ones in National Geographic features;
long ago they treasured
a body like mine

long ago

today rain falls on this desert
more than stars do-
the land of milk and honey
that God forgot to love.

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
One of your best. Honestly. I love this.

MyApocalypticThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Thank you! Honestly, we need to talk. Have a bit of a poet's pow-wow! You're a pretty rad writer, from the work of yours I've read so far. Thank you so much for all your comments- I promise to respond and whatnot very soon. Very soon! You're great, man :)

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Thank you. Wow. I'm so blushing right now—kinda abashed. And to the pow-pow, I'm so up for it. Anytime.