Fragile Me, and You

Chase after me. And maybe after a while I'll let you catch me.
Catch me, love. And maybe soon I'll let you see me.

Look at me. I am waiting for you, have always just been waiting, waiting for you to care.
See me. Don't just stare, know me. And maybe someday I can return your gaze.

Touch me. I could let you do that...
Gently, for I might break. And please don't ever leave me.

This is a fragile bond, after all.

I reach out a hand, slowly. I might shatter.
I skim the surface of your skin and watch your eyes. You might feel that.

But you're not moving, you don't touch me, though I let you in. You don't even try.
And here I thought for a moment that you might care.

But no, it was always me chasing you, after all.

honoraryhobbitThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 8:56 pm:
This is beautiful. I've been here a couple times: trying to reach out to someone who just wouldn't reach back. You really capture that feeling. I like how nicely this piece flows: it's just honest and free, yet so gracefully phrased. That really adds to the poem.

RarelyJadedThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
today at 10:37 pm :
Thanks for taking the time to read it, that means a lot :)

Sparkle1popsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 11:01 am:
I foind it interesting how was wearing these "rose colored glasses" that the boy was madly in love with her, when all the while it was her seeking his affection. 

today at 12:36 pm :
Thank you! You got what I was trying to say perfectly XD

IMYILYAThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 11 at 11:59 pm:
I love the theme of this poem! Great poem!

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 11 at 3:53 pm:
Unrequited love always makes a great theme for a poem and you have succeeded well.  By the way I love the title, very original and fun to say.

Mar. 11 at 4:05 pm :
Thank you so much! :P

redhairCatThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 25 at 1:16 pm:
This is great! I really loved it! It reminded me of the glass menagerie. sooo good!

Poetic_PersonThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 17 at 3:31 pm:
The flow of your writing is just great! I love the twist at the end... awesome work

ZozeyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 16 at 4:37 pm:
I liked it. It made it seem like the other person was so very ingonant (if thats how you spell it), or that they are to wraped up in themselfs to notice you or anything for that matter. Good job.

Feb. 16 at 6:03 pm :
Thank you so much

mollybug13This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 15 at 9:21 pm:
This is an amazing poem very moving.  lol on the "reality check" thing

Feb. 15 at 10:51 pm :
Haha, thank you:)

jaimeexo said...
Feb. 9 at 4:03 pm:
wow. this poem was really good! i could totally relate to it. the words had a nice flow to them too! good job!

Feb. 9 at 9:55 pm :
Thank you so much!