Airplane Wish This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

I'm still wishing on airplanes
still wishing on Tuesday nights
and the city street lights
As if they might fall off their lampposts
comment on dreams
and message the late-night office overhead
projecting those business flights against the dark backdrop of nightmares
For those kids who still stare out their
windows
and mistake them for stars
because how far would we get without them
Really all of our luggage is carry-on
our shoulders
our backs
you can't gate-check yesterday
and the roar of someone else's engine
keeps us going
I have no idea how we stay up
but I know some of the high points of my life have come from touching down on some strip of an idea
we're being wished on

ThestralThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 9 at 6:58 pm:
To my lovely readers, I've revised this poem a lot since I submitted it, and while I really do appreciate your wonderful comments and ratings, I think I'm going to delete it and re-submit the latest version. Please feel free to  check out the new one and rate that!  Thanks! :) ~Thestral 

ChrisJThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 8 at 6:25 pm:
Great job, and very well done! Please rate on and read my poem "One Love"!

royalujjwa4This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 8 at 8:56 am:
it was beautiful!! gr8 work!

ThestralThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Feb. 8 at 10:55 am :
Thanks! :)