Someone lied. | Teen Ink

Someone lied.

By DoyinAdeyemi SILVER, Alexandria, Virginia
DoyinAdeyemi SILVER, Alexandria, Virginia

The harbingers are unseen, the mind is clueless, heart is deluded, body follows the sounds at the back. It moves slowly, masking strength on the face of the weak, the dexterity is beyond unique…it leaves me bemused. At the back of the room: the dark room filled nothing but a wide variety of thoughts…. Hope lies precariously. It waits. It hopes, hopes for what? It does not know, but it knew just yesterday. The obliviousness brings panic. Just being able to hold on to something is sufficient, just being able to realize you’re not alone. Those four letters: hope; hold so much truth and promise. Day by day you’re surrounded by people, but none know the real you. None know where your thoughts have been and what capability you hold; maybe because you don’t know either. They’re those who are afraid…afraid they wouldn’t be accepted…..Those who are overconfident…superiority complex…..Then those who can barely figure out who they are and what they want.

Don't you wish it didn't matter what society had to say ? Don't be afraid to be who you are.