TICKtock | Teen Ink

TICKtock

By triadbella BRONZE, Winston-Salem, North Carolina
triadbella BRONZE, Winston-Salem, North Carolina

"I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, It's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope. Which is what I do, And that enables you to laugh at life's realities."- Dr. Seuss

TICKtock

That's all you hear. The echos never stop, never cease. You like them. You like them..

TICKtock

You see white- its all that exists now. White, blinding lights, and pills. So many pills. Little white pills. Everything. White. You know it should scare you, but it doesn't. Nothing does.

TICKtock

The only contrast to the stifling light is a clock. A clock.

TICKtock

You're numb. And you don't know why.

TICKtock

Another day. Or year. Or second.

TICKtock

Routine, routine, routine.

TICKtock

You hate the little white pills. You hate them. You hate who gives them to you. You hate the silence. You hate the white. You HATE the white.

TICKtock

One day, (or year, or second) there is a routine change.

TICKtock

A visitor. For you. They're color. Not bright white. But you are.

TICKtock

They says they know you. You don't know them. You hate it. Not knowing. You hate them. Just like the little, tiny pills, only you can't hide this under the mattress.

TICKtock

They say they can fix things.

TICKtock

You don't care.

TICKtock

You pretend you care. Oh, you're such a good girl. You care, you're getting better. You're playing pretend. You don't care. No one cares. It's all white.

TICKtock

They come back. They say they can get you away. Away from this place. They can get you out. And they will. You know they're serious, because you're not used to anything from them.

TICKtock

The white ones take then away. You don't see it. You don't see anything.

TICKtock

They don't come anymore.

TICKtock

You don't care. Now they're blinding white, just like everything else.

TICKtock

You love the pills.

TICKtock

You love the silence.

TICKtock

You love the white. You LOVE the white.

TICKtock

TICKtock

TICKtock

Mental illnesses are intriguing. On the surface, everything is fine, but underneath, the fraying line between reality and fantasy is getting thin. What if it snapped?

on Feb. 5 2013 at 10:04 am
EtherealLibretto GOLD, Z, New Hampshire

"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars." -Oscar Wilde

you're very good keep at it!

on Feb. 4 2013 at 9:45 pm
corinnebeloved SILVER, Winston-Salem, North Carolina

Be like the bird who, perching on boughs too slight, feels them give way beneath her, yet sings, knowing she hath wings ~Victor Hugo~

I love thw ay your work comes full circle. The transition is amazing and creepy. Artfully written. I can almost feel the insanity spiralling down as I read.

on Feb. 4 2013 at 7:43 pm

Thank you! This is a new style of writing for me, so your comment was inspiring!

on Feb. 4 2013 at 10:09 am
EtherealLibretto GOLD, Z, New Hampshire

Wow. What a stunning poem. That is amazing, I love it! I could totally feel the insanity of the ticktock clock and the little white pills and the white everywhere. It gave me the shivers!