Wallflower This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

I pretend to hate humanity
When really I cannot stay mad at anyone
for more than a few hours
Too forgiving, and a bit naive
Used more times than I've been the user
But I say it backwards to dispose of the
self hatred
I pretend to despise the girls and boys who party every weekend
The teens who brag about the memories
they cannot remember
Maybe I just want to experience my whole body vibrating from the blaring music
And laugh with friends about how hangovers are a curse from Satan the next morning
As opposed to being an insomniac
who stares at the ceiling at 3 a.m.
on a Friday night
I like to tell myself that I am the artistic type
Someone who will end up at a college in a cozy little funky town
Filled with cafes and vintage clothing shops
And men who take you to indie concerts
and quote Edgar Allan Poe during
conversations
But I do not fit in with that crowd completely
Or any crowd for that matter
That book lied
There are not perks to being a wallflower

laurensoccerThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
today at 5:10 pm:
My favorite part of the poem was how real and genuine it was. It wasalmost like I was holding a conversation with you. You didn't withhold feelings, but you didn't overdo the emotion either. It was amazing.

EcrivainThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 3 at 2:03 pm:
This is really... I'm not sure the right word. Very tired. Very melancholy. I can hear it in the voice, in the words you use. I like the plain-ness, the frankness of the writing. I just adore the line "that book lied"-- simple and powerful. Anway, beautiful job. 

shapeshifter56This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 3 at 12:23 pm:
This is wonderful. Keep it up.

LinkinPark12This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 3 at 8:33 am:
Wow this is really good :) I love it :D Well done.

MaybeImCrazyButIThinkILovedYouThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 3 at 4:40 am:
I really loved this. The voice is fantastic, I felt as if you were sitting in front of me and confessing these things. It was very, very beautiful.