The Nature of Manufacturing

I was pushed out the pile of meat that created me
the breathing mask waited at the end of the tunnel
smoke made it hard to breath
it's all because that embryo morphed in Ladera

My babysitter was a little white box
My teacher was Contra
My Afro was tangled in knots
My favorite place to go is Transylvania

I called my daddy Genesis
and my mommy Wendy's
they were always in the same room together
but it was never meet the parents

Eat, Sleep, Play
Every day was the same thing
Leather and jingles, is it Christmas?
No, it’s just daddy with the belt

The only time we talked was when I was being punished
thrown into a deep state of paranoia and addiction
no morals or religion
I had a problem maturing

I saw meadows of oblivion
believing in Mother Nature is as old as Bela Lugosi
Eric and Dylan were sitting rubber ducks
waiting for someone to drop the soap in the tub

Robert Mapplethorpe is Shaco's Jack in the Box
my bedroom blinds are never open
nature is fabricated beyond belief
in life everyone wants the number two headband

Sophie_sparkle_popsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:39 am
At first it seemed like your parents were all you had,but then it seemed like your dad was abusing you. I am really confused about whats happening!

Darylism replied...
Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:50 am
actually, through out the entire poem I was mentioning thhat my parents were ever there for me; to be more specific, I mentioned my mom in the first line in a negative way by referrign her as a "pile of meat". My original version of this poem was much darker, so cinsidering this cite is called "Teen Ink", I had to censore out some things.

Sophie_sparkle_popsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Oh okay I get it, it makes a lot of sense now! I think this poem is dark, but it really describes some of your experiances. 

XizzioThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:25 am
I love this piece it's very insightful and it was very brave of you too write it, challenge what many think. AMAZING! 5/5

Darylism replied...
Brave?, this poem isnt about my life just to let you know (if thats what you were thinking)

EmmettHerculeLaFave said...
Flows expertly. Sounds like lyrics to some crazy early 90's song. Gives a nice spin on birth and early childhood. Wonderful imagery. 5/5.

LinkinPark12 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:37 am
This poem is really good :) although I'm pretty dense about poetry I understood most of this ;) I like the harsh side of it and I totally agree with the message :)

SakuyaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:33 am
I really like this piece. It has a harsh rhythm to it which adds to the subject!