Unwritten

Black rose petals palling around me
Snow white fields of stars,
Twinkling brightly.

Ballads and chords sing sweetly to me
Hauntingly beautiful melodies,
Calling to me.

Ribbons of twilight and sashes of gold
Twirl around me in gyres,
Fading like mist.

Words unwritten but chanted in souls
Secret thoughts and whispers,
Passing on by.

Emotions unbidden and uninterrupted
Feelings are pure and true,
But intangible.

We like to pretend to ourselves and our friends
How normal and sound,
Are our minds.

Hold me and find me -- you'll find me in hues
But never understood
Be I.

You don't know me and I don't know you
With your words unwritten,
Unsaid.

If you knew what goes on inside of my head
I know that you'd say
I'm mad.

Who ever really understands one another
When words are so weak,
and dull.

Color me purple or fall like the wind
That winds over mountains
Under the sea.

Who knows what is real in this world at all
Just listen to that voice, unbidden,
Unwritten.

mrsmusicforlifeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 16, 2013 at 8:29 am
This is amazing! Very well written and said! Nice job!!!

RarelyJadedThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:23 am
Thank you!

StarlitSunriseThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is so good! I feel like it is something any writer would be able to connect with. I can honestly say that I have had some of the exact same thoughts. In fact, not too long ago I trashed a very similar attempted poem of mine. So it really makes me happy that you were able to get this down so well! You really seem to have a knack for writing. :)

Wow, thank you! I DID almost trash this because I thought nobody would get it and think I just put random words down, lol.

RarelyJadedThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Okay, for anyone reading this.... In the first line I definitely meant "falls" not "palls".... If ya couldn't tell:)

SaphiraBrightscalesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Typo :D I guessed.

SaphiraBrightscalesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
In my favs!!.... This is so true....And relatable!! Love it. :)

Lol, glad it made sense (did it?) to somebody...

Totally :D

HeatherSemb said...
I really enjoyed reading this, so much, that I shared it with my creative writing class (: They all loved it. You're an amazing artist

Wow, that's an amazing compliment! Thank you so much! :)