A Broken Fairy Tale This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

I didn't want it like this,
I wanted a fairy tale,
Where, when you found out,
You kissed me and hugged me,
I wanted you to want me,
Need me even,
But that's a fairy tale,
This is reality,

I was fooled into thinking
That they were the same,
We were the same,
But I was wrong.
We may like each other,
We may be friends,
We may exchange glances
And sneaky looks,
But in reality, we're miles apart,

So when I heard her ask you
As I walked by,
I realized that this isn't a fairy tale,
This isn't your fault,
It's mine.
I allowed myself to smile over you,
And to want you,

But I guess, I should have learned by now,
With happiness comes hurt,
And I didn't put up my guard.

RealDeep101 said...
May 16, 2013 at 1:34 pm:
Wow you did a good job it was very deep I feel the same way bout my X anyway you did a great job :-)

TheEpic95This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 24, 2013 at 12:02 am:
Such a sad poem. But then, Ive never had my heart broken. Even my crushes (all unreturned) turned out perfectly fine. I am unlove, but supremely lucky :) I did, however really appreciate the second stanza if you can pull me into feeling a little betrayed by fate, feeling like there is something so precious just beyond my grasp without resorting to pretensious words or flowery descriptions of dark angst (no offense, dark romance writeres) then you have skill. I like the point you added, that the... (more »)

TheEpic95This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Mar. 24, 2013 at 12:03 am :
My name was LoudDreamer at the time, in case you forgot who to hate.