I Hate the way you Make me Feel Beautiful

I hate the way you make me feel beautiful.
Wanted, and cared for.
It isn't the kind of love I want.
The love I need.
Strong and brave and true.
It isn't you.
The memories you locked into my past,
The things you put me through.
This isn't the best for me.
Perhaps even love can see...
Strong and brave and true...
It just isn't you.

moderndayEmilyDickinsonThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 1:06 pm:
I've felt this way before, and there's a chnace I'll still go through it. It's bittersweet yet outstanding! Keep on! You're beautiful, I hope you know that!  ^_^ thanks for sharing this!

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Very emotional yet intriguing. I feel some dark element to it as well. Made me reflect on it. Sometimes not every love is the one you need. Last two lines give the poem a strong punch that leaves the reader wondering the whole message the poem contains. 

LiraDaeris said...
A good thought. A very good thought, actually. I like the irony in it, that you want to be loved, but even though this person is it isn't what you want because of how he is, yet still feel loved. I love the first line, too.

swat17 said...
Great job making the message strong and clear. I really like it

Elisa39This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
It's such a bitter-sweet poem. I LOVED it!!!!

TevyRaeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Thank you so much!! :D

ForeverDreaming said...
I really enjoyed this poem! You make it feel realistic... which I personally really, really like! :) Amazing poem :)