Death is Bliss

By , Carson, CA
16 years, I don’t care about my life already
I have more hate than I can carry
Locking myself in the stalls between lunch and 5th period
My wrist is covered in crimson blood

I enjoy making people laugh
I’m a social person
I was voted most likely to succeed
Deep inside, I suffer from depression

I will die to bestow fortification
I will slit my throat to donate myself
I will stop the beat of my own drum in order to hear the snare of another drummer
I am revived in 5 different places, the beauty of revenants

FallenoutofgraceThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 30, 2013 at 12:00 pm:
Okay if this isn't in the magazine the world is full of stupid people it was AMAZING

cookiemonster24This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 1, 2013 at 11:29 am:
Uh huh. Are you kidding me?! I can't believe this piece was not published in the magazine! O_o

vaidaspade10 said...
Feb. 24, 2013 at 5:26 pm:
Hole crap! I really liked this one! It was amazing, I don't think there is anything I would change. I liked the metaphors you used. It made me want to read more of it. There may be one thing I would have changed, it should have been longer! I really wanted to keep reading. GREAT JOB!

AmieeHope-Sierra said...
Feb. 22, 2013 at 12:06 pm:
I really loved it. The emotion was really there and I think that you really made empathy happen. Maybe the ready already knows how it feels to want to die but if they didn't you showed them. Keep it up for sure. :)

Painted-smile said...
Feb. 3, 2013 at 5:23 pm:
wow that sounds like my thought process earlier

Sparkle1popsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Good, it kind of reminded that deep down we can all loose ourselves from time to time. 

Hamzawaseem said...
nice work. it reminded of my school-fellow who wished the same, and after an accident, got his liver donated to another person. First successful liver surgery in Pakistan!

LinkinPark12 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:55 am:
This is a really good poem but for me the second verse is a bit blunt: "I suffer from depression". I don't think that needs saying, perhaps try to use other less direct ways as you've done in the 1st and 3rd. But I really like it, well done :)

Darylism replied...
Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:03 pm :
thanks for the honesty, ill take that under much consideration for future poems

SakuyaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:52 am :
Yeah I agree. I'm not saying I don't like it because I do. Yet, based on the title readers know what this is going to be about I think that if you focus less on telling and more on showing with imagery and more description with senses and such it would be even greater.

Darylism replied...
Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:26 pm :
I really appreciate it, since this is only the third poem I’ve ever wrote, I can honestly say that I have some pretty obvious things that I have to work on when it comes to poetry.

KaitlynMahrie said...
Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:54 am:
its a great poem :)

Lady_TeribitheaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
This is deep. I might have missed the meaning without the 'about,' though. Great job!

GLoveGG said...
All I can say is.. wow..