bedsores This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

I worry that one day
I'll wake up, roll over,
and see that you have sunk
so far into the mattress that you have
disappeared,
leaving only the imprint
of your head on your pillow
and the lingering scent of loss.
I want to be a part of you
while there's still something
to be a part of.

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
today at 4:06 pm:
I love how simply you define this picture of love. You're not emotional and complicated. Just simple. With little things people take for granted. That's what makes this poem exceptional.

bernadethr said...
Apr. 17 at 4:05 pm:
This is my favorite love poem. 

alliperkinsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jan. 28 at 1:23 pm:
I really love the last four lines, and this piece is really interesting. :)

LiaBeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 28 at 1:06 am:
Great piece! I love the simplicity of the article.

Arrow.Kay This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jan. 28 at 9:59 am :
Thank you so much!