Maze of Glory, Maze of Death | Teen Ink

Maze of Glory, Maze of Death

January 21, 2013
By wesley108 BRONZE, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
wesley108 BRONZE, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
3 articles 2 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Waiting for your dreams to turn into a reality does nothing unless you do something"


Oh young traveler, listen to my enchanted song.
I will lead you out to your destined path.
Listen with all your might, for one wrong step can leave you wondering in the moonlight.

Follow me, Follow me with all your might, and I shall sing you through the night.

You accuse my voice of going soft, but it is your hearing that has fallen deaf.
But there is no time to stop.
Hurry now, your travels almost done, I will lead you to your destined path.
Listen well with all your might, for I fear your ears will close tonight.

Follow me, Follow me with all your might, and I shall sing you through the night.

Weary traveler now of old, I hear your steps fading in the dark.
I will sing my song louder, in hopes that my chant falls pleasant on your ears.
Listen now as I sing with all my might. Your journey shall not end tonight.

Follow me, Follow me with all your might, and I shall sing you through the night.

Your journey will end, with your destined path not reached.
In you I had the most faith in. In me you trusted your life with.
My endless journey for all to meet.
Few have made it, but for the many I still weep.

Follow me, Follow me with all your might, and I shall sing you my final song tonight.


This is truly a maze of death, nothing more nothing less.
Of glory none can claim, for one to have so must they all.
My journey shall not end tonight, nor shall it end until all unite.


The author's comments:
This is my first poem, so I know it isn't great. I randomly got inspired and had to write it down. This is a poem about life, I hope it makes people think about their life. Maybe possibly be one of those who make it to the end of the Maze of Glory.