minutes of life and death | Teen Ink

minutes of life and death

By williamjamescollier BRONZE, John Day, Oregon
williamjamescollier BRONZE, John Day, Oregon

I stared at him, and realized he'd AGED AWFULLY I saw a family photo full of smiles, THEY MOCKED ME As gusts of winds blew in the fields and SWAYED POPPIES.. I tugged moms shirt and said, will Grampa STAY, MOMMY? She replied, I doubt it BABE, GOD NEEDS him back in heaven oKAY, WATCH SEE.. she took his hand and PRAYED, GOSH PLEASE! In the corner a radio PLAYED SOFTLY.. I walked up to Grampa and started PRAYIN WITH HEART SAYIN IT HARD, God dont see our family and TAKE IT APART then Grampa gave me hope when he mumbled.. a RAY IN THE DARK He whispered don't worry child, I'm just going up to PLAY IN THE STARS I knew he was leaving, I was angry, I just wanted TO GRAB AND HIT HIM He was like MUH DAD ILL MISS HIM, HIS LAUGH AND WISDOM His breathing was getting slower then Queen Latifas MATABOLISM If anything would make him better, Id be a ROUND TO TRY Nothing moved, except the clock to COUNT THE TIME And the radio in the corner kept SOUND ALIVE. He had told me he loved to SEE ME GROW and said very WEAKLY THOUGH, that he was SLEEPY SO Machines stared to BEEP, SHRIEK, GLOW! And his breath started getting sharper like STEEPY SLOPES! Me? Just a kid, was completely lost like the TV SHOW ! My tears were flowing, I could fill up the whole SIZE OF A FOUNTAIN I got into my moms arms, CLIMBED IN, WAS SHOUTIN! ..then Nurses came in and started to rush more then the SIDE OF THE MOUNTAIN! He was gone, I couldn't STAND IT, DARN! My heart was DAMAGED, SCARRED. I stared into his eyes which had as much life as PLANET MARS Death is TRUE DEMISE, His body was gone but I'd always remember WHOS INSIDE The very second he closed his eyes, and I knew it was TRUE, I cryed.. About the excact same time the music died