The Academic Bloodline | Teen Ink

The Academic Bloodline

By nmk1128 SILVER, Fort Myers, Florida
nmk1128 SILVER, Fort Myers, Florida

"You don't write because you want to say something, you write because you have something to say." - F. Scott Fitzgerald

Drown out the fluidus fawn, the deer of dramatized thought
Read!
Read!
Standardize the enterprise of the mind and interpret nothing at all.
But tell us, tell me, I need it
Tell me a crashing market of work and a free world on the decline won't affect my mind
Lie to me, Lie!
A higher education that matters
Yes!
Yes!
Oh, how I wish I weren't mad;
Why do they not see as I?

I wrote this while listening to my spanish teacher ramble on and on about pointless crap, and thought perhaps all this education stuff isn't exactly what meets the eye.

StarlitSunrise DIAMOND, Clemmons, North Carolina

"Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing." ~Camille Pissarro

I have actually read all of them. :) They are very good. Would you mind commenting on one of mine?

nmk1128 SILVER said...
nmk1128 SILVER, Fort Myers, Florida

Thanks for your feedback (: and I'm really glad you enjoyed this poem. Feel free to read the others if you'd like. ( I know commenting on them is a lot, but knowing someone is reading my work means a lot on it's own. )

I really like the fact that you got so worked up with this. I share a lot of the same feelings, so I understand the frustration you are conveying and admire the raw emotion you were able to capture. The title for this is very well chosen. In addition, I appreciate the natural flow of your words. This is one of the few poems where I feel like I can really ‘hear’ it in my head. Great work!