Sometimes When I Try To Make Sense, It Doesn't Turn Out Well

A Word before you read… Do you know how sometimes when you try to make sense, sometimes it just doesn’t happen, like, AT ALL? Well, this was just my little sixth-grade mind of yester-year gushing out mostly random stuff. Fun, Right?

The opposite of tender is ballistic jelly.
At the edge of silver is butternut squash.
The sadness of puppies is Belgian waffles.
At the center of boredom is my earlobe.
At the top of tomorrow waits a puppy whisper.
The swirl of loneliness sounds like kerfanflerpaderp.
The enemy of green hides between yellow and red.
The shape of the past fits inside the future
The rock bottom of October will never hit rock top.
The hiding place of rain shivers underneath Neptune.
If you turn hope on high, you’ll see a dark unicorn.
If you look underneath peace, you’ll hear a witch’s voice reciting a spell for mind-wash.
When you toss sadness into the wind, it’ll return as sassy’d-ness.
If you jump into the present, you’ll land on me, dummy! You jumped on me!
When you tiptoe through the Valley of Happiness, you might find Frownies!

This article has 1 comment. Post your own!

JettaWintryThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
today at 9:31 pm:
I liked the beginning more, since it was more serious, but I also love this idea as a whole... Very, very creative! (: Honestly, this does make a LITTLE bit of sense, such as "the shape of the past fits inside the future" and the theory of repeating history, but I love how jumbled and scattered this poem came across. Very clever!!!(: I would've never thought of it. Love this. Wow     BTW, I added more to my novel. (: I'd appreciate feedback if you have time to c... (more »)