He>i, a story of love | Teen Ink

He>i, a story of love

By Marvinn GOLD, Cannon Beach, Oregon
Marvinn GOLD, Cannon Beach, Oregon

"I’m glad we had the times together just to laugh and sing a song, seems like we just got started and then before you know it, the times we had together were gone."- dr. suess

You count the hairs on my head, you know the things that I've said
you know what's inside me, what defines me and you remind me who I am. You're answer may night be mine, but I'll wait for it in time. I can't brag about my love for you, but I boast in all the things you do. I may want what I want and I may want it right now, but you said trust and obey so on my knees I bow. You sent us a savior as a babe, but we sent your son to the grave. Over death he won the victory and saved me that day on Calvary. You said "Sinner, come home." I know I'm never alone. And this too shall pass, but your kingdom will forever last. I have the faith of a mustard seed, but still you give me all I need. The greatest story of love starts with a baby sent from above. He was a gift of deliverance, let us not take it for granted in ignorance.

I wrote this poem around Christmas time and it reflects my feelings of gratitude for the greatest gift ever given.