This “I”

I
Sometimes wonder why
They say: I am, I was, I shall be
Beautiful, wonderful and powerful
I’ll go, I’ll know
I believe
I’ll pass
Through the sieve
That decides
Who’ll get attention
And who’ll suffer detention
I’ll be okay, I’ll find my way
A million wishes, A billion goals
Oh yes, this “I” may take thee
Straight on to thy true destiny
Yet so super selfish it seems to me
If we use it less often, then maybe
We’ll have the courage to say:
The world we live in
It’s beautiful, wonderful and powerful
For then it won’t be I
That it is all about

DifferentTeenThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I'm deeply sorry it took me so long to read this, I was missing out! This is a great poem, the rhyming is incredible, as well as the flow (and indeed it did remind me of my poem). I feel like while I was reading it, I was hearing the rhythm right from you. It’s truly glorious when a reader can connect with the poet's style. Kudos! Stay writing!

DifferentTeenThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Well, the slight rhyming anyway. Haha, I guess I just picked up on certain parts.

SaphiraBrightscalesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
What a wonderful surprise for you to come snooping around here :D Thank You for reading and the feedback just made me smile so wide. Thanks ever so much! And yes it is just great, also this is one of my only attempts at free-verse so for you to like it is amazing!

StarlitSunriseThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
  This has to be one of my favorites! Your style here is remarkably different from so many of your other poems, but I love it! This came across as quite frank and honest—not at all accusatory. You show a lot of control in your writing.

Feb. 18, 2013 at 11:22 am
WOW..really?? Thank You!

Feb. 18, 2013 at 11:23 am
This was kinda like my first free verse..I only used to write rhyming poems before...TeenInk opened up a whole new world... :P

JoPepper said...
Through the sieve That decides Who’ll get attention And who’ll suffer detention I really like those lines.  And you are right we're all a bit selfish...but I think you're right when you say we've become more selfish.  Great job! xD

I like'em too.... I am so happy that you read these.. :D  Thank YOu so much for your feedback....You want me to check out some specific article of yours??  :P

JoPepper replied...
Feb. 16, 2013 at 10:32 am
No problem! xD I don't have anything specific I would like for someone to read...but you're welcome to look around xD

Feb. 17, 2013 at 8:49 am
Sure, my pleasure... :)

EPluribusUnumThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I have to agree with this. Though your right, it sucks to be the only one making the sacrifice and baisically getting run over by all the people who'd rather not care.

Feb. 15, 2013 at 11:56 am
It sure does suck.... :((