I remember when | Teen Ink

I remember when

January 15, 2013
By lisTKM GOLD, Sheboygan, Wisconsin
lisTKM GOLD, Sheboygan, Wisconsin
18 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
keep dreaming, because the best is yet to come


I remember when i was the apple of your eye, a porcelain doll on your highest pedestal, until suddenly I jumped off and landed on my face. I shattered into a million pieces, and I cant seem to to put myself together again. I don't expect forgiveness, and I don't expect an us, all I want is hope that love and life can bring you back to me.
But maybe I should let you go, set you free my wounded sparrow thee, I should let you mend your broken wing, and rid you of your ball and chain, throw away the key.
Iambic pentameter never sounded better, than when I think of you, I know now how she felt, dear Juliette, when she realized she had let her romeo down, how she had been the cause of his fall, she had tripped him down, down, down. Even then she jumped so soon to join him, and ended it for real, she was blind to what could happen but never learned to see.
And so, I pray you learn to let this go, as I have now learned, you can do better. I'll remember, what I have learned I'll remember what is was to love.