"Cold shoulder."

And so I pretend.
.
What's wrong with that?
I do it to protect myself
from getting hurt again...

And so I lie.
.
Don't we all?
I do it because I'm scared
of what the truth means...

This leaves me nowhere-
in case you haven't guessed.
I'm hoping to perhaps fall into a dare,
so I can confess.

This hasn't happened-
in case you thought the truth was out.
I wish the secrets would end.
Although, it might just start a circle of never-ending doubt.

These words roll of my tongue with ease.
And yet, I'm not quite sure what they mean.
My head tells me to ignore this mess,
but please, this cold shoulder to my heart is live- less.

These thoughts crowd in close,
but their doubt clouds their vision.
My heart pounds in agreement.
I know too well, I must admit.

This story has no ending yet,
I haven't had the chance.
So let's make a bet?
I'll get out of this trance,
once I no longer see it as a threat.

This mess is still a crowd of strangers-
who I haven't met.
Its silhouette is shaped for dangers-
taunting me: "it's too late. the futures set."

flanny This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Wow! that was very moving, and very compelling. I liked how you divided the poem into stanzas, it seemed very natural. Great writing!

IndiewriterThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jan. 22, 2013 at 4:53 pm :
Thank you!(:

remembermeplzThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
this is so beautiful, the last line really blew me away

Jan. 20, 2013 at 2:39 am :
Thank you!(:

RandomPoetThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I can relate to this poem. I was the same way. But i got out of it. I like it. The poem flows well and it is relateable to alot of people not just myself. Your a truly gifted writer and i can't wait to read more of your work:)

Jan. 19, 2013 at 8:33 pm :
Thanks! That means a lot.(: And yea I'd love it if you read some more of mine! Specifically, "Humbly Beautifl". --indiewriter<3

LinkinPark12 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jan. 19, 2013 at 5:32 am:
This a really good :) well done :D

Jan. 19, 2013 at 2:40 pm :
Thank you!(:

mattisonteeter replied...
Jan. 19, 2013 at 4:00 pm :
I loved this! The descriptiveness was wonderful. if you have time, your feedback would be greatly appreciated! -M

Jan. 19, 2013 at 5:50 pm :
Thanks! I'll be sure to check out your work.(: --indiewriter<3