autumn haze This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

walking home
weather pulling her numbing, somber blinds
over the sky

small specks of color dot the collage
of ashen grays, the browns of recessing
vegetation,
and the green hazel carpet
bound by the sobering glue of reality

maple, oak, and elm leaves gilt in gold
and bronze
fiery oranges and reds
fly free of their trees in bowl-shaped swoops
slashing the frigid, livid air

the sporadic patter of
light rain breaks off
the rhythm of my feet on the concrete

a child's chalk siren soaked with the
afternoon showers
sundry colors drowned in leaf-shaped
puddles
pinks, yellows, and reds frame maple leaves of
the nearby tree protruding stone slabs

my lack of sleep leaves my head in a rainy autumn day
a drab canvas Jackson-Pollocked with the leaves

AugustSummerFlingThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I could totally relate to this poem... I have this huge park with a pond near my house... The sight of the park on a rainy day is so beautiful and it's like nature's hosting a party for all the small insects, the fishes, the flowers and the leaves... I think I'll learn this poem by heart and recite it whenever I'm walking through that park on a rainy day... You used simple words to describe subtle things in nature and the description of the colors was really good! Keep writing :)

AugustSummerFlingThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Fish* not fishes. Lol