Every day

All a blur
Like a dream
Softly sing
Like a scream

Voices fade
Lights do dim
Pieces lay
Broken limbs

Far away
Icing’s cake
Sickly sweet
Slither snake

I pray one day
I pray
Every day

And it happens
It sinks in
Real becomes true
Suction’s power
Overtakes the glum

We all can sing
To the sun
The sun

Because it is
All a blur
Like a scream
Softly sings
Like a dream

Voices fade
Lights do dim
Pieces lay
Broken limbs

Under the sun
We bathe in the sun
We pray for sunlight

And sleep through the night
Still under the sun

Oh
Under the sun

nakubaraThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Wow just wow that is amazing 5 stars

Sparkle1popsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I like this, but It dosn't run very smoothly when you have it rhy e in some lines and not in others. 

HaileySanden This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:49 am
  Wow. The repetition in this just works perfectly. I also love how there's meaning, meaning that's veiled but not hidden by the words. The meaning gets richer every time you read it. It's like panning for gold (which, believe it or not, I've actually done before...) Sometimes the most beautiful things have a hint of tragedy, and I think that's what you've created here. Beautiful, uplifting, stunning, tragedy.  I'm a fan :)