The Crying Rock

Silence.
Still silence
Holds the air
Of the wood.

Steps.
Soft steps
Intrude the
Quiet space.

Alone.
All alone
Cold, she sits
On hard rock.

Tears.
Timid Tears
Venture onto
The stone.

Sobs.
Sweet sobs
Pierce the once
Silent trees.

Mind.
Melted mind
Reeling with
Tortured thoughts.

Pain.
Prolonged pain
Destruction
To her heart.

Dreams.
Dead dreams
Crushed from him,
Careless him.

Tears.
True tears
Falling off
Her soft face.

Cry.
Curing cry
Heals letting
Loose old pain.

Tears.
Tired tears
Stop trailing
Down her cheeks.

Stands.
Slowly stands
Felt the rock
One last time.

Steps.
Soft steps
Leave the old
Crying Rock.

Rock.
Ready rock
Waiting for
Next hurt soul.

Waiting.
Watching waiting--
Alas,
'Till then,

Silence.
Still silence
Holds the air
Of the wood.

Rainrunner said...
this is a really nice poem.  the stanzas are crisp and raw.  i think it drags on for too long, to the point where getting cut off so often is annoying, but the ending makes up for it.  keep up the good work!

PoeticTwirler This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
this is beautiful! you know how to make the reader think. its very deep and emotional. very nice job, I cant wait to read more of your stuff!   And to answer your question...my crying rock is my grandpa that passed away when I was little and my favorite pillow. I am not one to cry but when I do, those are who I turn to.

Puzzle This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Thank you so very much! I must say I miss my grandpa too... And a pillow sometimes is the only friend there for you. :) Very interesting... Everyone I know (as a teenager) is a crier. I haven't though for a very long time... I'm not sure why. Poem topic? Maybe. :)

AngelKitty13This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
This is great! leaves me wondering what\who have I cried to most... This is inspiring! please keep up the good work:)

Thanks so much! Will do. :) And if you would, when you finish wondering, could you post what your crying rock is? I'm trying to get as many answers as I can. :) Thanks!

XweienX said...
Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:58 am
Deep. The usage of the 1st stanza as the ending stanza has always been one of my favourite styles in poetry. The lines, although short, brought up the meanings it was supposed to. Well done. :)

Agreed. :) I'm still establishing favorites, though.  :) Thank you. I did keep my lines short in this, but I followed a format. That's all I tried to do. It's like this:
-One word.
-That same word with a word before it that starts with the same letter.
-sexameter.

thewriterajp said...
Jan. 13, 2013 at 12:36 am
My crying rock is two people: a boy who lives far away, and a girl from school. It is also, a piece of paper and pen. Alas, I too am curious who/what is YOUR crying rock, Puzzle.

I'm afraid you will have to refer to my reply to "lonlyandtredofcoping"'s comment. :)

Wait... oh my awkward. I know you. :) Lawl.

thewriterajp replied...
Ah, alas, I couldn't fool you for very long. :P

lonlyandtiredofcoping said...
Mine is a girl at school, who is yours Puzzle? I'm curious.

I'm afraid I can't satisfy either of your curiosities. I have to remain true to my name, and be a puzzle. I have many crying rocks. Some are people, some are places. Some are things, some are actions. Not to seem dramatic, but I really should keep as a puzzle. :) Good luck at piecing me together!