The Game

Winner, winner,
Pick your prize.
Which one of the people
You love dies?
Take a moment,
Think it out ,
Make sure there isn't
A single doubt.
Look at faces,
Think of names.
This is what you get
for playing games.
Dive into the recesses
Of your mind.
We both know
What you'll find.

Is it your father,
A brother, or friend?
Which of their lives
Must come to an end?
Is it your mother,
Your sister, Your lover?
I hope you're ready
to get rid of her.

Is it a cousin,
A niece, A nephew?
Come now, child,
Tell me, who?
Is it someone else
That you can't wait to admit?
Because the quicker you answer
The quicker you forget

WriterWannaBeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:31 pm:
With a little work, I think this could be really great. I liked the rhyming, but I think you should either have it continuous throughout or not at all. That's what made it feel a little choppy. I would've liked a little back story too as to what "the game" is. Other than that, it's really intriguing and I really liked it! Keep writing (=

shinegirl24 said...
hi! I liked your poem a lot. One thing I'd say to work on is the meter, your words definitely rhymed well but at times the beat seemed a bit off. Just adding more syllables or taking some away from specific lines might make it flow better. But good job!

Writergurl101 said...
I am not sure of the theme of this or plot but  I like the rhymes!  

SakuyaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I saw your post on Ink Chat. I think that this is really interesting and your punctuation is on except for you only include question marks and commas but no periods which could add another dramatic effect. I like the rhyming even if you don't need it for a free verse unless you wish to. Feel free to check out my own work as well I'm not very good at poetry though.

nightrunner23 replied...
Jan. 15, 2013 at 3:55 pm :
Thanks a lot. <period>  I'll take your advice. <period>  jk, everyone's a comidian