Nightmare

Slowly slipping away,
beauty lost,
our minds decay.
Today, quite like yesterday,
is sadly slipping,
sliding away.
Sunlight strikes a fight,
between the moons and stars,
fading light.
Dark and cloudy air,
sunlight goes away,
darkness everywhere.
Little shadows creep,
through our minds,
and in our sleep.
Yesterday is but a dream,
tomorrow yet unseen,
slowly slipping away.

asofnowThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I liked this poem, espeically the rhyme scheme. Great job. A small suggestion would be to use more metaphors to describe the dreams. Overall, this poem is great.

SteelersJdog said...
Mar. 6, 2013 at 10:35 am
This is awesome! I was very entertained while reading this. One thing that writers tend to neglect is the interest level in their poems and the entertaining elements. This is both thought-provoking and an entertaining read. Great work!

XweienX said...
All I can say about this poem is "what a great title"! Suits the whole poem's mood and its emotions. Job well done!

ILuvBritishBoysThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Thank you very much:) When I wrote this I wasnt really sure what to call it but when I read what I wrote I figured that Nightmare suited it quite nicely.