From a beggar, roaming the streets

Oh mercy-less and apathetic God!
Why do you scorn my tormented soul,
seizing the infinite tumult of man-
entombing me within its grace?

Have I not wept a thousand tears?
Have I not seared everything that's sane-
dwelling where the demons reap,
proclaiming the ironies of your gracious name.

A dying coal flares
at my pathetic stench,
deriding my melancholy path -
like perilous waves consuming an innocent vessel,
or a waining moon and the waves!

Though my sight
is wrought with rotting flesh -
breath of melancholy and decay
-I still bore dreams of bliss,
though horrid reveries consume me still.

I reap for the horizon -
sanity asunder and bleak
- wailing a poets cry

Angel_Wing23 said...
This is really good so much passion that went into this and the description that I get from reading this is making me paint a picture in my mind. Keep up the good work because your work is amazing >^_^

lackadaisicalwolf said...
Jun. 27, 2013 at 2:02 am
This is great! You're an amazing writer, very sophisticated :)

. said...
May 30, 2013 at 8:43 am
This little tale rolls off of the tongue; it's very descriptive and I can see the heart and soul put into this piece. I've read a few of your poems, but they were the shorter ones, and I think you do well with well thought-out, thorough writings. And, I believe you deserve more than a simple, mundane "Nice," and a pat on the back. This was truly, truly good, and I hope that I have expressed so. Thank you for writing this. I wish that I could star it...but my computer isn't ... (more »)

Mckay This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
No no no no no. I'm about to cry. Hate you right now, Rocky. Jeez, this is awesome. I feel the emotion cascading beginning to end. And the last stanza. Wow! Just Wow! I should've read you poems a long time ago. You're good. And this is officially one of my favorites. So memorable.

Mckay This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Oh God...here comes the waterfall....

Jade.I.Am This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Apr. 27, 2013 at 12:04 am
I liked what u did when u said "wrought with rotting flesh" ...very clever. This was really relatable to me, as I took it more spiritual than was maybe meant. You're really good at conveying emotion! 5 stars ;)

Sunny225LuvsHugs said...
i luv it so sad :(  

Sparkle1pops This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Apr. 8, 2013 at 10:34 am
I like it! Only you used the word "melencholy" twice, and it sounds kind of repetitive. Besides that this is a pretty good piece!

LariElaine said...
wow, this is really good! keep writting!

Lonely_Despair said...
wow... this is really good. phenomenal piece.

Fallenoutofgrace said...
Now i know why you username is language livity because your a master at language and petry your amazing and so indepht

Whitehouse503 said...
I like it a lot! Great work :D

nakubara This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Wow! I love this! Keep up great work!  

Amanda24 said...
I love this!!

aliceXcheshire said...
I love it! So intense and burning, with a blessing denied! Keep writing, please keep writing!

Zoya_Khan said...
Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:28 am
Nice :) :) :)