From a beggar, roaming the streets

Oh mercy-less and apathetic God!
Why do you scorn my tormented soul,
seizing the infinite tumult of man-
entombing me within its grace?

Have I not wept a thousand tears?
Have I not seared everything that's sane-
dwelling where the demons reap,
proclaiming the ironies of your gracious name.

A dying coal flares
at my pathetic stench,
deriding my melancholy path -
like perilous waves consuming an innocent vessel,
or a waining moon and the waves!

Though my sight
is wrought with rotting flesh -
breath of melancholy and decay
-I still bore dreams of bliss,
though horrid reveries consume me still.

I reap for the horizon -
sanity asunder and bleak
- wailing a poets cry

lackadaisicalwolfThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 2:02 am:
This is great! You're an amazing writer, very sophisticated :)

. said...
May 30 at 8:43 am:
This little tale rolls off of the tongue; it's very descriptive and I can see the heart and soul put into this piece. I've read a few of your poems, but they were the shorter ones, and I think you do well with well thought-out, thorough writings. And, I believe you deserve more than a simple, mundane "Nice," and a pat on the back. This was truly, truly good, and I hope that I have expressed so. Thank you for writing this. I wish that I could star it...but my computer isn't ... (more »)

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 15 at 8:23 pm:
No no no no no. I'm about to cry. Hate you right now, Rocky. Jeez, this is awesome. I feel the emotion cascading beginning to end. And the last stanza. Wow! Just Wow! I should've read you poems a long time ago. You're good. And this is officially one of my favorites. So memorable.

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
May 15 at 8:23 pm :
Oh God...here comes the waterfall....

Jade.I.AmThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Apr. 27 at 12:04 am:
I liked what u did when u said "wrought with rotting flesh" ...very clever. This was really relatable to me, as I took it more spiritual than was maybe meant. You're really good at conveying emotion! 5 stars ;)

Sunny225LuvsHugsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 8 at 12:48 pm:
i luv it so sad :(  

Sparkle1popsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Apr. 8 at 10:34 am:
I like it! Only you used the word "melencholy" twice, and it sounds kind of repetitive. Besides that this is a pretty good piece!

LariElaineThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 30 at 5:21 pm:
wow, this is really good! keep writting!

Lonely_DespairThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 30 at 5:12 pm:
wow... this is really good. phenomenal piece.

FallenoutofgraceThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 29 at 8:25 pm:
Now i know why you username is language livity because your a master at language and petry your amazing and so indepht

Whitehouse503This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 28 at 2:49 pm:
I like it a lot! Great work :D

nakubaraThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 28 at 2:45 pm:
Wow! I love this! Keep up great work!  

Amanda24This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 7 at 6:08 pm:
I love this!!

aliceXcheshireThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 7 at 3:34 pm:
I love it! So intense and burning, with a blessing denied! Keep writing, please keep writing!

Zoya_KhanThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 21 at 10:28 am:
Nice :) :) :)