Without a hand to hold

We used to be friends, now where are we?
We would cry together, be shy together,
Now where are we?
The smile vanished from your face
And disappeared without a trace.

Now what we had is gone.
You left me alone
In the darkest of places.
Without a hand to hold.

Emerson said...
It's really great and relatable. But it did seem to cut off suddenly... Maybe you could beef it up a little or add a little more length. Great work!

EpicOwl said...
I was meant to submit this to the Hot Topics area. I didn't submit, with all the nice comments... what should  I do?

jessica_garbyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
SO relatable... I'm actually feeling this way right now.

phlogistonThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
There are so many times when I feel the same way. Great poem.

Annibonny said...
Jan. 13, 2013 at 12:15 am
this is so relatable! I love it! Nice work!! Keep writing! 

sadesdd said...
This poem is very close to me and my experiences also. I am a fan of poems with a dark side, and this ending is done very well:)

WaffleOcean2934This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I really like the ending of the poem.  Nice work on it!  :)

EpicOwl replied...
Thanks! Means a lot! I have another poem entitled "Faker". I think you might like it, another big ending!