I want my ticket refunded This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

real life is not like the movies

in real life
they don't let you ride with her
in the back of the ambulance
unless you throw a fit,
unless you scream
and tell them that you aren't leaving her,
not again,
never again

in real life
they let in you in the ambulance
because you are making a scene
and they need to get her to the hospital,
and she will not stop screaming,
but they have a needle
full of sedative waiting for you
just in case

in real life
they don't let you hold her hand,
they are too busy sticking her with needles
and taking her vital signs,
and keeping her alive,
so they pretend you aren't there,
they pretend they don't see your tears,
they pretend only one person is dying

TaylorWintryThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
today at 6:42 pm:
Love this. Simple, and literally full of emotion. Once you're not so stressed out over this, add to it and you can make something really amazing. (Obviously, it already is, [yay, magazine!] but you can always do better.) (: SOrry about the parentheses party... ^ Nice job. I loved it.

Laugh-it-OutThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Apr. 21 at 9:39 pm:
wow this is amazing! congrats on getting posted in the magazine because this peice deserved it. impeccable job. really. i could feel every tear. amazing 5/5 stars