recover youth This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Maybe when i am young again, i can run through it all over in my head,
and remember my old age in passing, and know it’s not what it’s all about.
Maybe i will be able to know the joy of tasting a crayon is much greater than the joy of tasting a cocktail,
Maybe the first taste of a tootsie pop will overshadow the first wide-eyed and shaky drag of a camel.
I look forward to fearing the stab of the doctor’s needle, over wishing for the numbing bite of one belonging to a junkie.
I guess it’s going to have to wait, until i am young again.
When a kiss still excites, when a touch, can still bring flame,
when a person’s betrayal can still bring some touch of pain.
I guess it’s going to happen, when i am young again.
Because while i am not at the top of my age,
i have already been overplayed.
And i guess, my tracks are all worn down,
because damn it, none of it has the same sound.
My eyes don’t shine with excitement anymore,
the sky doesn’t hold my attention like it did before.
You can’t make my heart skip a beat,
and it takes more than just one shot,
to take me off my feet.
I just wish for the day,
when i can actually care about committing a sin.
I look forward to being young again.

LifeOfChey This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I really did enjoy this, it's very relatable and the emotional imagery is great. Keep it up :)

ChrisJThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Well-written, heartfelt, and true, very good job!

silentlyspoken said...
Wow.  This is so powerful.  The innocence, the ignorance, that comes with childhood is never fully apperciated until we grow up.  Great job!

Marlyre This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
wow, such extremes in this! it's held together with a great couplet in the middle which also gives it great movement... read some of mine?